- The Infoling mailing list distributes information on Spanish linguistics around the globe in an effort to:
- Bypass the physical distances and national borders separating scholars and professionals working in different parts of the world;
- Promote open communication and the exchange of scientific and technical information;
- Facilitate connections between the scientific, academic, and business communities; and
- Provide a community resource and networking venue for anyone who is interested in the list’s subject areas.
- The Infoling listserv and searchable database act as a central clearinghouse and a go-to source for current information about what's happening in the field of Spanish linguistics.
- Infoling is a cooperative effort. Most of the information distributed to the list is provided by subscribers, who are also active participants. Infoling’s volunteer editorial team reviews and verifies the information before sending it out.