Congreso, coloquio o simposio
The YRCL serves as an opportunity for PhD students and candidates, as well as recent doctoral graduates (up to five years), to interact with fellow graduate students and professors, to present their work in progress and to receive feedback from renowned international experts in the field.
A registration fee of 10€ / $10 will be charged for presenters. For non-presenters, attendance is free of charge, but registration is required. See Registration in our web page for more details.
Call for papers:
We encourage young researchers to submit proposals that report on research in progress, pedagogical and curricular innovations, and theoretical/conceptual advancements within the framework of Cognitive Linguistics, and on topics that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Construction grammar and conceptual interaction between syntax and semantics
- Experiential basis of language in use
- Cognitive Critical Discourse Analysis
- Cognitive Linguistics and Translation
- Cognitive Sociolinguistics
- Figurative language: Conceptual metaphor, metonymy and conceptual integration
- Cognition and multimodal Discourse
- Cognitive Linguistics applied to second language learning and teaching
- Language-cognition-culture interactions
- Motion and typology
Abstracts should clearly state hypotheses, research questions, method, data, and expected results.
The organization of YRCL23 is guided by the principles summarized in the ICLA Statement of Diversity and Inclusion.
Reyes Llopis-García, Columbia University
Francisca Aguiló-Mora, Columbia University
Alberto Hijazo-Gascón, Universidad de Zaragoza
Laura Suárez-Campos, University of the French Antilles
Beatriz Martín-Gascón, Universidad Complutense de Madrid