VERBIO is revolutionizing communications between people and computers, allowing people to communicate naturally with machines, using state-of-the-art technology in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Our proprietary software innovates in Natural Language Processing (NLP), using Deep Learning and other Machine Learning methods. We develop solutions in areas such as:
– Voice Biometrics
– Speech Recognition
– Text-To-Speech Voices
– Speech & Text Analytics (Conversational sensors)
– Virtual Assistants and Chatbots
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial Intelligence, and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
We are currently hiring a Middle Computational Linguist, with, at least, 2 years of experience. The person will be part of a team of Computational Linguists, Software Developers, Engineers, and Grammar and Dialog Design Experts, working to achieve the deployment of Natural Language Voice Portals.
The team where the person will work is focused on achieving the best speech recognition system to our customers by improving Verbio products in relation to automatic transcription, voice recognition, texto-to-speech, intent detection and data processing, always with a customer-focus mindset and an spirit of innovation, as every team at Verbio does.
– Perform QA tasks to improve Verbio products in relation to corpora, dictionaries, grammars, language models, databases and so on.
– Provide the team with your linguistic knowledge about Semantics, Pragmatics, Phonetics, Phonology, Syntax and NLP.
– Train models for both speech recognition and intent detection/classification to achieve the best results for our clients.
– Review and improve phonetic transcriptions in SAMPA-based dictionaries for Automatic Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech technologies.
– Develop and improve Augmented Backus–Naur Form grammars (ABNF grammars) for both voice and text inputs.
– Learn how to work with internal tools for testing models and make continuous improvements at projects in Production.
– Work in both internal and client-facing tasks.
– Be proactive at work and make useful suggestions to your team.
– Report progress and issues/stoppers to your team in order to get help or find solutions to each difficulty.
– Work within an AGILE framework and use Jira Software to manage tickets and organize tasks.
This is a REMOTE, PERMANENT and FULL TIME role. However, applicants MUST be able to work as a freelance/contractor.
– Graduated on Linguistics or Computational Linguistics.
– Strong knowledge on Linguistics (specially on Phonetics, Phonology, Semantics and Syntax).
– Experience on Corpus Linguistics.
– Experience working with Regular Expressions.
– English language (intermediate level, minimum).
– Spanish language (native).
– MS Office / Open Office / Libre Office professional skills.
– Strong analysis, planning, and organizational skills.
– Team spirit, responsiveness, flexibility and proactivity.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both for internal work and customer-facing tasks.
– Capacity and willingness to learn.
– Basic knowledge about Statistics.
– Basic experience using Linux OS or willingness to learn.
– Strong organizational skills, reliability and responsible attitude.
Nice to have
- Experience working in Open Question projects.
- Experience working with bash commands and bash scripting.
- Basic programming skills on Python, Rust or C++.
- Experience working with Gitlab (repositories, CI/CD)
- Knowledge on Statistics and Data Science.
- Mentoring and management skills.