Calls for Papers (Journal)
We invite proposals for contributions to a Special Issue of Languages entitled “Phonetics and Phonology of Ibero-Romance Languages”. The goal of this Special Issue is to showcase current research on the phonetics and phonology of the Ibero-Romance languages, focusing on synchronic phenomena and including different theoretical and methodological approaches, to give a representative view of the state of the field.
We welcome studies on any Ibero-Romance language or languages, including comparative approaches, and particularly encourage submissions on lesser studied languages, varieties, or communities of speakers. Contributions may focus on any aspect of the sound system of these languages at the sub-segmental, segmental, syllabic, or prosodic levels. The Special Issue will cover a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- contributions to phonological theory based on new data;
- new theoretical approaches to long-standing phonological issues;
- laboratory approaches to phonology;
- issues at the phonetics–phonology interface;
- experimental phonetics including production and perception studies;
- phonetic modelling of production and perception patterns;
- sociophonetics; and innovative methodological approaches to recurring issues.
The Special Issue will not only speak to researchers working on Ibero-Romance languages but will also reach a wider audience by highlighting how research on these languages contributes to general phonological and phonetic debates.
Abstract Submission Deadline: July 15, 2023
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: August 15, 2023
Full Manuscript Deadline: February 15, 2024
More details at https://www.mdpi.com/journal/languages/special_issues/95IH3BKF96
The Ohio State University (EE.UU)