Oferta de trabajoInfoling 4.41 (2020)
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN) invites applications for a two-year post-doc position in Hispanic Linguistics, beginning August 1, 2020. Any area of Hispanic Linguistics will be considered, with interest in quantitative approaches to second language acquisition, sociolinguistics, and pragmatics particularly desirable.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Hispanic Linguistics (or related field) in hand by time of the appointment and should have earned their Ph.D. no later than 2018.
- Responsibilities will include 50% teaching and 50% research.
- Salary is $50,000 per year plus benefits.
- Teaching responsibilities will be three courses per year, including undergraduate courses in introductory Hispanic linguistics as well as second language acquisition, syntax, phonetics, sociolinguistics, or pragmatics. Experience teaching courses online is desirable. During the second year, there will be the possibility to teach a graduate course.
- Research responsibilities include a minimum of one scholarly presentation per year to the IU community, as well as the expectation of at least one scholarly article submitted per year. Post-docs are expected to participate actively in departmental and college research activities.
- Collaboration opportunities are available with faculty in Hispanic linguistics in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese as well as with linguists across campus (https://college.indiana.edu/academics/de... target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://college.indiana.edu/academics/de...).
Interested candidates should submit their application at https://indiana.peopleadmin.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://indiana.peopleadmin.com.&nbs... Application materials must include cover letter, research statement, a diversity statement, sample of recent scholarship (an article or dissertation excerpt), teaching evaluations (if available), a current CV, and three letters of recommendation. Please address cover letter to Prof. Erik Willis, Committee Chair, and send materials via https://indiana.peopleadmin.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://indiana.peopleadmin.com.
We will start reviewing applications on May 25th, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Arts and Sciences is committed to building and supporting a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community of students and scholars.
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Correo-e de contacto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Institución: Indiana University