Oferta de trabajo
The Hispanic Studies section of Radboud University is looking for an Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics with expertise in language variation and preferably additional expertise in second language acquisition. As an assistant professor you will be part of the Hispanic Studies section of the department of Modern Languages and Cultures at the Faculty of Arts and participate in its educational programme at all levels.
You are an inspiring teacher with a strong international research profile who demonstrates a global perspective on current academic and societal developments. You will be teaching BA and MA courses in Spanish linguistics and second language acquisition (Spanish, English and Dutch); supervise undergraduate students writing their BA or MA theses, participate in educational support activities such as tutoring; and actively contribute to curriculum development. You will be closely involved with the organisation of the Hispanic Studies programme and assist in shaping its future trajectories. Your research will be conducted at the Radboud Centre for Language Studies (CLS). You are a productive and active researcher, who conducts empirical research on language variation and publishes in international high impact journals. You will seek external funding and will be active in public engagement activities. You will cooperate with academic staff in research activities and will participate in committees and/or project groups within the department, CLS or faculty. The Faculty of Arts at Radboud University is committed to diversity and inclusivity. Candidates from underrepresented groups are especially invited to apply.
- You hold a PhD in Spanish linguistics.
- You have a track record of international high-profile scholarly publications.
- Your research is based on data collected from native speakers. You have a focus on language variation and preferably additional expertise in second language acquisition.
- You have the ability to attract external research funding.
- You have an international network of contacts in academia as well as with stakeholders in your field, and the ambition to fulfil a leadership position in your field.
- You have demonstrable experience in providing university education at different levels and have experience in the supervision of Bachelor's and Master's theses.
- You have experience in teaching non-native speakers at an academic level and have experience with second language acquisition and relevant innovative teaching methods in this field.
- You have administrative and organisational skills.
- You have a formal university teaching qualification (UTQ), or are committed and able to obtain one within two years.
- Spanish is your native language, or you speak Spanish at near-native level.
- You hold a Cambridge Certificate (CPE2 level) in English or equivalent, or you are committed to obtaining this certificate within 18 months (part of your teaching duties will be in English).
- You have a good command of Dutch, or you are willing to master Dutch at C1 level within 18 months.
Correo-e de contacto:firstname.lastname@example.org