Oferta de trabajo
Research Assistant, School of Languages and Applied Linguistics
Unit: Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies (WELS)
Location: Milton Keynes (with the opportunity to work from home)
Please quote reference: E1098
Consultancy terms - Total fee for contract = £46,524.00 (300 days across 3 years: please see job description for more details)
Closing Date: 29 March, 2021 - 12:00
Change your career, change lives
The Open University is the UK’s largest university, a world leader in flexible part-time education combining a mission to widen access to higher education with research excellence, transforming lives through education.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced researcher to support the organisation of research activities within the School of Languages and Applied Linguistics.
Skills and experience
- PhD in a relevant field of Linguistics, preferably in interactional pragmatics, (interactional) sociolinguistics, conversation analysis or interactional linguistics.
- Excellent competence in English and Spanish.
- Evidence of highly effective organisational skills both in terms of data management and time management relating to managing workload.
- Proven ability in the use of a range of data related skills e.g. transcribing interactions, preliminary qualitative analysis of data and data management.
- Evidence of organising events.
How to apply
Unless otherwise stated in the advert, all applications are completed online via the OU Job’s page and following the instructions below and clicking the “APPLY NOW” link below. Applications submitted via 3rd party websites will not be considered.
To apply for this role please submit the following:
- Personal statement, up to 1,000 words, you should set out in your statement why you’re interested in this role and provide examples of where your skills and experience meet the required competencies for this role as detailed in the job and person specification.
The above documents will need to be submitted as one attachment during the application process, please include the personal statement followed by the CV in this document.
To ensure your file is uploaded to our system correctly, please make sure your document is saved with the following file name as appropriate to the vacancy you are applying for: reference, surname, first initial.
You will need to have your documents ready ahead of submitting the electronic application.
Remember to attach your CV and Personal Statement as ONE DOCUMENT.
You will receive updates regarding your application from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure this email address is added to your list of trusted senders. Please also keep an eye on your junk folder to ensure you do not miss any important updates regarding this role.
Find out more about us and our mission by watching this short video (you will be taken to YouTube by clicking this link).
Closing date: Monday 29 March 2021, 12.00 noon
We value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength. Applications from candidates with protected characteristics are welcomed.
Correo-e de contacto:email@example.com
Búsquedas a partir del año 1998: